Why and How You Should Be Disinfecting Your Phone
It has become increasingly important to disinfect commonly touched surfaces due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Like your hands, your cell phone is also a platform for spreading unwanted germs and should be sanitized often in order to prevent the spread of infection. Not sanitizing your phone properly can lead to internal damage therefore, prior to disinfecting your phone it is important to understand how to do it safely.
How to Disinfect Your Phone
- Turn off your phone
- Remove any case or cover
- If there is any visible soils or dirt, wipe the phone with a damp cloth
- Use a disinfectant that has over 60% alcohol (70% is recommended).
- Spray a cloth with the disinfectant - do not spray the phone
- Thoroughly wipe the phone from front to back of the phone with the cloth with the recommended time. Our Benefect Disinfectant suggests wiping the surface for 30 seconds.
- Next, wipe down any case or phone cover.
- When the phone and cover have been dried for the recommended time you can then put the cover back on the phone and turn the phone on.
Botanical Decon 30 Disinfectant can help you clean and sanitize nearly any surface. It is an all-purpose cleaner that can be used as a hospital-level disinfectant cleaner, deodorizer, and decontaminant or a carpet sanitizer. This product kills over 99.99% of designated test microorganisms such as salmonella and the influenza virus.
First Aid Absorbent Cotton Balls are perfect for the application of first aid creams and ointments. Made from 100% pure cotton, this product is perfect for cleaning cuts and scrapes.